Software Engineer (Frontend Focused)
- Kayla's Haven, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Hello, I’m Oluchi, a 3+ years experienced Software Engineer. Constantly looking for ways to better myself while staying true to my fundamental values of Beauty, Integrity, Passion and Simplicity. I am motivated by Results and the desire to meet a deadline, and very particular about clean and standard code quality. I present ideas appropriately and work very well in a group. Also, I am good at
I develop and maintain engaging and intuitive interfaces and dashboards that help business analysts and engineers to explore and interact with data and analytical models built by the Data Science & Analytics team.
I design and implement REST APIs to facilitate highly scalable web applications using SQL, Groovy on Grails, Node.js. I also write unit and integrated tests for these APIs using testing tools like mocha and spark.
- Designs and develops scalable, secure and innovative solutions for Okra Web applications
- Build dashboard interfaces for displaying interactive visual insights of data
- Create modular and reusable components and document them using storybook
- Use of JIRA to assign and manage tasks, defects and backlog
- Design and implement scalable and high performance software services using groovy on Grails
- Carry out reviews on completed work on all environments, local/dev/staging/prod and suggest fixes within software best practices
- Maintain well-organized team and project documentation
- Knowledge of Git practices via github, git bash (command-line), git desktop (and other git clients)
- Coding of UI/UX designs into digital applications
- Proficiency in writing ES5/6, CSS/Sass/Less, HTML/React/Vue
I led a team of eight (8) other stackup developers in building a set of REST Api for a project while simulating real-world applications and solutions, wrote unit, integration and functional tests to test the API endpoints. I also worked as an Individual in building a complete project (Wayfarer), a bus trip booking app and also developed the frontend to consume the APIs and deployed it on heroku.
I worked as a full-stack freelance software engineer focused on transforming a client’s idea into finished products while constantly improving tools and infrastructure to maximize productivity and staying up to date with the ever changing technologies.
At SunDimention, I was responsible for developing functional and appealing web-based applications based on usability, providing website maintenance and enhancements, using a combination of markup languages to write web pages, creating cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms and staying up-to-date on emerging technologies.
I graduated at the top 5% of my graduating class during my undergraduate studies at the University of Nigeria Nsukka where I gained strong operational research, programing, problem solving and strong technical prowess.